Need A Lift To Your New Home in Alberta?
Let Alberta Strong Movers proudly help you start a new life
Are you planning a long-distance move?
Moving across the province can come with unique challenges. Whether you’re moving from Edmonton to Camrose, Lethbridge to Red Deer, or anywhere in between; hiring a team of moving professionals to help with your long-distance move can really help avoid headaches.
Planning a long-distance move can feel overwhelming, to say the least. We know you have a million things to consider that go beyond the move itself; whether it’s registering your kids at their new school, setting up your utilities, changing your mailing address, or transporting your pets safely, the list goes on!
We understand the stress this can create, and that’s why our long-distance moving services are custom-tailored to your unique needs and budget. We want to take the burden of moving off your shoulders so that at the end of moving day, you can put your feet up and relax in your new home, knowing that your long-distance move went off without a hitch.
With all that in mind, it's important to plan ahead. Below we’ve got some tips to help make the process go smoothly.
1. Start planning early. The earlier you start planning your move, the better. Book your moving company as soon as possible to avoid a last-minute scramble to find a truck. Moving longer distances usually requires a bigger truck and more planning so the sooner you book, the better!
2. Make an informed choice about which moving company you choose. Make sure they're licensed & insured and have a good reputation. Alberta Strong Movers has a friendly reliable team that’s licensed and insured, with over 12 years of experience in the moving industry.
4. Make a packing plan. Packing can be one of the most stressful parts of moving, so it's important to have a plan. Start by purging items you don't need and then create a packing schedule so you're not scrambling at the last minute. If you'd rather outsource the packing, you can also pay for packing services.
5. Stay organized. Moving can be chaotic, but try to stay as organized as possible. Label all of your boxes clearly and keep track of what's going in each one. This will make unpacking much easier. Check out our packing tips page for more advice from the pros!
6. Look for a moving company with experience in long-distance moves in Alberta. This will ensure they understand the complexities of such a move and can provide the best service possible. Alberta Strong Movers has experience with moving in Alberta’s unique climate across long distances, so you can be sure your items will arrive safely.
7. Check the weather forecast. Whether you're moving across the province or across the city, you can count on cold weather for approximately 8 months of the year, so you'll want to keep in mind what time of year you're moving in. Hiring a moving company that's local to Alberta can make all the difference! Alberta Strong Movers can help you plan for cold weather and everything in between to ensure all your items arrive at their destination safely. For more tips, see Tips for moving in cold weather.
8. Have a plan for your pets. If you're moving with pets, make sure you have a plan in place for them. This includes finding a new veterinarian, getting your pet's records transferred, and making sure they're comfortable with the move. Check out our tips for moving with pets for more!
Our long-distance moving services can help make the process of moving long distances easier. They can handle all of the logistics for you: from packing up your belongings to transporting them to your new home, and everything in between.
If you need long-distance moving services in Alberta, give us a call. We've been helping Albertans move for over 12 years and have the experience to make your move go as smoothly as possible. Our team of professionals will take care of every detail and make sure you get to your destination safely and on time.
Contact us today for a free estimate!