When planning a move, it is imperative to make a list. It is easy to forget the details in the chaos of relocating. Alberta Strong Movers has prepared a checklist which should assist you in your planning.
- 1. Forward your mail-Make sure to forward your mail at the Post office. This service may seem expensive, but it is crucial to not losing important correspondence such as Government notices, they will be returned to the sender if proper forwarding is not in place.
- 2. Utilities such as Water, Gas, Power, Telephone, Cell Phone, Cable, Internet must be contacted a month prior to moving. This allows them enough time to take necessary last readings.
- 3. Be sure to notify your bank and other services which mail you paper statements.
- 4. Book professional cleaners if necessary. Some Property management companies require this.
- 5. Book carpet cleaners after the cleaners have been booked, this allows time for carpets to be vacuumed prior to cleaning.
- 6. Book Grande Prairie local moving company or U Haul truck (if moving yourself) at least 30 days prior to your move. Often prime time dates (30th, 1st) are taken quickly. Consider ordering storage space or follow this self storage guide from Whatsstorage to learn more.
- 7. If you have children in school, make sure to find out if your new moving area is accepting new students and obtain necessary transfer paperwork.
- 8. If moving to a larger home, consider upgrading Wi Fi based on the configuration of your new home.
- 9. If taking appliances with you, be sure to measure existing spaces for them so that you are not surprised on the day of the move.
- 10. If pets are involved, it may be good to arrange for kennel care. Moving can be just as stressful for them.
Have a great move, from Alberta Strong Movers